Filed under "Security Tips"
Leighton State Bank suggests the following tips to help protect yourself from fraud:
- Do not respond to emails if you are unfamiliar with the company or person who sent it. Validate the information included in the email by contacting the company or person to confirm the email’s validity.
- If you suspect that your personal financial information has been compromised, contact Leighton State Bank immediately.
- Check your credit card and bank account statements regularly and look for unauthorized transactions. Report discrepancies immediately.
- When submitting financial information online, look for the padlock or key icon at the bottom of your browser. Also, many secure internet addresses (though not all) start with ‘https’, a sign that your information is secure during transmission.
- Report suspicious activity to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.
More articles »